harmonic;235703 Wrote:
> There is also one MASSIVE problem with A/B blindtesting.
>
> You can not listend to the same music being played with both sources at
> the same time , thats impossible.
> I find the main differrence with sources is have the convay the music
> itself.
>
> You really need to have lived with a components for some time , and
> tested in several of systems and configuraions  before you know what it
> dos or dossnet.

I suppose you have a point with the familiarity aspect of components
with respect to A/B.

In my case I have been swapping my SB3/TP into the same audio system
(B&K r200.1 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature) and over time ( 1 YR+) have
gravitated to the TP.
A clear, substantial improvement with the TP ovewr the SB3.

Maybe I need to spend another &20,000.00 on downstream components not
to hear a difference.
I doubt it.

.

--
haunyack

Transporter -> B&K R200.2 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature. (Listening room)
SB3 (RWA analog) -> Rotel RB1070 -> B&W Matrix 805. (Bedroom)
Fridgidare -> Mirror Pond pale ale -> easy chair w/remote -> irritated
neighbors.