harmonic;235744 Wrote:

> I recorment you visit one and ask to here a cheap source like the
> classic music source and blindtest it with a unidisk 1.1 .
> If you still cant hear eny difference i sugest you  find another hoppy
> that dont requre using your ears.

This deserves its own reply.

It's attitudes like this that give audiophiles a bad name and are
ruining the high-end audio industry.  If someone comes into this hobby,
listens to that Linn CD player and actually has the strength of mind to
recognize that it sounds just the same as their $100 Sony, what are
they going to think?  Especially with people telling them nonsense like
that?

Tell them the truth - a high end transport MIGHT make a very subtle
difference in sound, and it might measure better (if it's from
SD/logitech it *does* measure better), so if you want the best
regardless of cost, buy it.  Otherwise save your money for speakers and
music.

--
opaqueice