325xi;238057 Wrote:
> Getting back to the original question, last Stereophile, review of Bel
> Canto DAC3, measurements section: JA names Toslink "inherently
> jittery". So, there's nothing wrong with Toslink, huh?
True, but in the same article he also said using a 20 FOOT length of
generic plastic TosLink gave a sound that "was hard to distinguish from
the electrical connection" (COAX)
He also said using the TosLink from a SqueezeBox "resulted in sound
that kept distracting me from the computer" ...

Not sure if that means the DAC3 is excellent at dealing with jitter or
that the TosLink connection produces insignificant jitter ... or maybe
a bit of both ...  ;-)

--
USAudio

SB3 > CIAudio VDA-2/VAC-1 > CIAudio PLC-1 > CIAudio D-200 > Revel
Concerta F12 + SVS SB12-Plus