i have one of the pre-assembled power supplies from welborne labs (i
haven't yet learned to solder that's my next project!).
no their stuff isn't 'junk' they have consistently gotten great reviews
over the years. the problem seems to be their owner isn't really capable
of running his business correctly. i was one of many who had placed an
order and then shortly after the web site informed us that they were
moving and all orders were on hold. rumors on many boards also stated
that the owner was having some sort of personal problems but that's not
for me to say. many people suffered through looonnnnggg delays and most
asked for refunds (which there also seemed to be problems recieving).
their was no phone numbers or email addresses given to customers
waiting for their paid for merchandise. some filed complaints with the
BBB. i recieved my power supply for my SB after approx. 3 month wait.
it came in the wrong color, i ordered red and got a black one. but
after reading so many horror stories i figured it was better to live
with black. it IS an excellent unit. i know when ordering kits their
have been complaints of parts missing. i would love to order from them
in the future as i really want some of their products, but i would be
hesitant to do so without some prior reassurances from their owner.
although these problems stem from this whole 'moving' issue, there
seems to be long standing problems with his customers per other audio
message bb's.

--
ratso