Hi Vic, it's Ray70 from Wigwam!

As you probably already know, I've got the SB+ and I think it's the
dog's nuts. Far better than the more expensive Transporter, which I
also own.

If I were you though, I wouldn't go for the SB+ straight away. Get the
stock SB3 (around £200 I think) and start ripping your music, sorting
out storage etc. If you decide the whole hard disc thing is not for
you, sell the SB3 on for very little loss. It can be quite a daunting
set up at first and it's probably unfair to assess the merits of the
SB+ if it's also your first foray into hard disc storage. If you like
the SB3 and want to explore further, use the SB3 in the bedroom and
look to get the SB+.

I wouldn't have dreamt of going down the hard disc route 12 months ago,
but would never go back now. I still love my vinyl and still use my CDP,
but the SB+ is the most played source in my system.

Hope this helps.

--
Ray70

Marantz SA-11S1, Spacedeck, SB+. Jeff Rowland Concentra 2. Focal 1027be