sosleepy;245263 Wrote:
> I've recently purchased the squeezebox, which I am really enjoying.
> However, I don't seem to be getting the "oomph" that I hope that I
> would when using it.  My system is pretty simple- McIntosh MA6500
> integrated amp and B&W 804 Nautilus speakers.  The squeezebox is hooked
> up through the analog outputs.
The MA6500 has direct power amp inputs. IMHO cutting the preamp out of
the signal path can often give quite considerable improvements, so it's
got to be worth trying the very simple experiment of hooking the
squeezebox directly to the power amp and using the SB's volume control.
(Be careful to have the SB's volume control well down before firing her
up though!).

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A