sosleepy;245263 Wrote:
> I've recently purchased the squeezebox, which I am really enjoying.
> However, I don't seem to be getting the "oomph" that I hope that I
> would when using it.  My system is pretty simple- McIntosh MA6500
> integrated amp and B&W 804 Nautilus speakers.  The squeezebox is hooked
> up through the analog outputs.

Try the following experiment:  burn a CD to a lossless format like
FLAC.  Then hook up the SB to one input of the preamp, and the CD
player to another.  Have someone switch back and forth between them
while playing the same track, and see if you can tell the difference
blind.  That will allow you to determine how large the difference
actually is.  This is almost always a useful exercise, and very easy to
do in this case.

Make sure the volume levels are *exactly* the same - if they're not
not, or you're not sure, you can turn the volume all the way down
before each switch and then use the remote to turn it back up for the
comparison.

--
opaqueice