I just picked up this months issue of The Absolute Sound, and there are
some interesting articles on network music servers in it.
Unfortunately, no discussion of the Slim Devices, but some pretty bold
statements that run contrary to what some other Hi End mags have said
such as, and I quote:

"Music read from a hard drive sounds better than the same music read
from an optical disk"

"There's a misperception among some in the high-end than lossless
coding somehow degrades sound quality. Although I'm the last person to
dogmatically cling to the idea that identical bitstreams will always
sound identical, lossless coding produces no audible degradation."

Have we been right all along?  Robert Harley seems to think we have
been!

Cheers,  Dave

--
DCtoDaylight