jt25741;246561 Wrote:
> I think these statements have been made quickly, in passing...

While some may be making statements "quickly, in passing" the thing
that I thought bold was that, in this particular article, the idea that
music read from a hard disk was better, was one of 5 reasons to consider
owning a music server, headlined in Bold type, and stated as a fact, not
an opinion.  There was later some discussion as to why this may be, and
comments that the DAC's in the review systems weren't up to par with
the best standalone units, but the overall view was very positive to
the idea.

As to the idea of selling an overpriced bit of hardware, well yes, the
QSONIX box at at $8800, and the SOOLOOS at $10650, for a slick looking
computer with a Terabyte of hard disk space and some pretty software is
a bit steep, but they do also discuss what can be done if you want to
roll your own....

Cheers,  Dave

--
DCtoDaylight