The class A amp + speakers I have are wonderfully expressive. The amp
opens up a huge soundstage with amazing detail and the speakers have
tremendous range. Consequently they reveal any problems with the
source. 'Like projecting a low-res image on a high definition screen'
as the guy from the hi-fi shop said.

He's right as well. My Turntable is bass-light and as weak as an
asthmatic ant with Polio, my tuner is harsh and agressive, my DVD/CD
player is light on treble and a bit muffled. I noticed this much less
prior to the upgrade because my old Nad 304 amp + B&W 610i speakers
simply couldn't communicate any more detail than they did. The SB is
easily the best of the bunch, but compared to the musicality, warmth,
detail and deeper bass of the Creek classic, it's disappointing. Had I
not heard just how good my amp + speakers could sound, I *might* have
be happy. But I know they're being let down.

Still; I'm listening to the SB as I type this, and I really would find
it a bind to have to faff around with CDs again. I'd also have to burn
a load of stuff that I only have on the Slimserver PC.

--
chobbney