seanadams;244673 Wrote:
> I think for 99.9999% of population answer is no.

Have you done a poll then?

> So my decision is to go with mp3 because of space savings & zero quality
> reduction.

Imperceptible maybe, but never zero by definition.  That fact bothers a
great many of us, enough to warrant spending a measly $100 on a 500 GB
hard drive.

Perhaps I'm obsessive-compulsive, but the very idea that lurking among
my music collection would be one "killer" MP3 where I could hear
audible artifacts would drive me nuts.  I'd have to listen to every
track intently, not enjoying the music but listening for errors.  And
if I found one, are there more?  I would rather the peace of mind of a
lossless format and forget about it.  Plus if I ever wanted to
transcode to another format it would be easy.

--
Mark Lanctot