mofuv;251477 Wrote:
> The most important difference between the squeeze box and the
> transporter is that the transporter has a world clock input. So if you
> are using a high-end dac with an world clock output as master you have
> very low jitter. You can also connect both and maybe a separate
> upsampler to a sepate world clock and you will hear the best high end
> sound which is currently available, even better than with the best
> CD-transport if you have saved the CD's bit correct to HDD e.g with
> EAC.
>
> I am using the transporter with a scarlatti world clock as master,
> then a purcell updampler to DSD and a scarlatti dac connected to a
> Accuphase A-60. The sound is exceeds by far the one if I am playing
> CD's on my Linn Accurate CD player.

Thats a very  impressiv digital playback system you have there  that
system must   must cost  4 times as much as the linn akurate cd player.
No wonder it sounds better , but the real interresting thing   is what
is better to you  ? more soundstage  , more detajl?   but what about
musicality , what about PRAT .

But i totally agree with you that the transporter as a adigital  only
transport is a aboslute higend  component and even better then most
other cd  transports.

--
harmonic