While I greatly look up to Sean and bow to his greater knowledge,
nevertheless I have to disagree with that last statement.

My system has short cable lengths and the environment is not
electrically very noisy.

Still, with all types of gear so far, I have always noticed an
improvement when using balanced connections, whether it be sources,
preamps, or amps. My guess has always been, that in addition to the
impedance balancing aspect, using balanced connections must kill any
small ground loop activity that can otherwise kill some of the
resolution in the music. However others would be able to make better
speculation than I can here.

Sean is genuinely leagues above me in such knowledge, so I feel really
weird posting this - but if it were me, I would now always look for a
true balanced input on a power amp before purchasing.

selfdivider I also posted a pertinent reply in your other thread. Good
luck!

--
NewBuyer