Shredder;262433 Wrote:
> Morning.
>
> Just got my TP up and running. I am quite pleased.
>
> One issue: I am running the TP straight into my amps w/no pre and
> balanced ics. The volume is way too loud at the lowest levels. In
> essence, I have no low volume setting.
>
> I assume I need  attenuators (TP ones won't work because I am using
> balanced ics). I want to use ones that do not impact the audio quality
> one way or another (I am happy with the current sound). Which ones do
> people recommend? I have seen the Rothwell name but know nothing about
> them. I was wondering if Rothwell is the way to go or whether there is
> a better option? ALso, is there any way to deal with this issue w/o
> external attenuators.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The balanced version of these will be $600 bucks, but they will sound
the best :)    Or put it another way, they better.    Makes for
interesting reading nonetheless.

http://www.tweakaudio.com/Ultimate%20Attenuators.html

--
jt25741

SB3->AR Masters Coax -> PS Audio DLIII -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR ->
Sim Audio P-5 -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim Audio W-5 -> Cardas
Golden Reference Hi-Mid,PS Audio Xstream Plus Low-> Magnepan 3.6R