You are completely missing the point of the product:
1) Most Linn gear is expensive..some is overpriced but their target
market can generally afford it.
2) This is not supposed to be a standalone player like the SB - it's
intended to be part of a top-end Linn system, which would include a
system controller like the Kisto or Kinos with all the digital in/outs
you'd ever need + a digital loop (even my ageing 5103 can do this!) for
room correction.
3)Linn don't do a remote for the DS...they expect you to use a wi-fi
PC/Tablet/Phone/whatever... that's a valid choice. Lots of people NEVER
touch the SB remote
4) I'm not surprised they don't support mp3 - that would fly in the
face of their market positioning as a provider of high-rez FLAC/WAV
xource material.

I don't want to sound like a Linn apologist - I'm not about to buy a DS
as I can't afford it and don't want or need it - I have my SB+DAC...

I think that it is only good for the SB/TP market if Linn etc put a
statement product into the market place. It establishes the high-end
credibility of the concept.

Might I humbly suggest you do some research before launching into an
emotional rant about a product you don't need anyway.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables