quote: it's intended to be part of a top-end Linn system

This is really great....
You buy an insanely expensive player, and it's so incredibly inflexible
that you are forced to use it with the rest of the similarly priced Linn
Klimax range

This really provides nice choices to the consumers

So how do you go about if Linn introduces a $35.000 DSP based room
correction that may be added to the DS, you don't have a choice.

With a transporter or another player with a sound architecture you have
all the choices in the world.

I am scared if a high-end niche player says jump, and many of us follow
them and jump.

I refer to what a high-end dealer in Norway told me:
We sell a lot of high-end products with extremely flashy looks, you may
do way better if you buy something cheaper but it won't look as good,
that's why we're providing alternative casings to some of the cheaper
products.
We have customers that want something that sounds good but looks much
better.

That's not my words, but a high-end dealer words....

I'm not missing any points. I'm just advising against blindly following
the advice of reviewers and high-end "pushers".

Paying $15000 for looks and $5000 for performance is fine, just don't
expect it to provide high performance per bucks.

Regards

Harald N

--
haraldo