Caad;263879 Wrote:
> To CardinalFang..
> Thanks .. A clean up of the flux will be done..;-)
>
> To SeanAdams:
> Actually.. Replacing the caps to Black gate was an improvment, But the
> Big improvment was to seperate the opamp output and especially the gnd
> between the opamp and the RCA connectors from the PCB GND.. As you can
> see this is done by placing the components from the opamps output to
> the RCA connectors in a "flying" configuration and cutting the PCB
> conncetion to the RCA connectors. Please see this on photos. The GND to
> the RCA connectors was made with hookup wires. This last mod with
> seperating the signal GND from the PCB GND was really an improvment!!
>

> The problem must be that output Signal Gnd of the opamp passes the PCB
> GND that contains Digital GND, Pwr gnd.
> Maybe the "Slim"device will improve the PCB layout in a future
> revision?

Assuming you have a mains ground in your house, the signal ground is
going to meet it at some point. If lifting the ground makes that much
difference to the sound, I'd start by investigating the state of your
house wiring. Seriously.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables