tomjtx;267439 Wrote:
> You could have gotten the same result feeding transporter through a tube
> preamp or buffer.
>
> I love tubes also but it is a shame you wasted that money when you
> could have gotten the same results for a fraction of the price.
>
> It is getting a bit tiresome listening  to  talk about the illusory
> "improvements"  modded TP's make posted ,IMO, rudely. on the slim
> forums.
> Modwright has it's own forum for that.

Couldnt agree more. but out of curiosity, I would like to know what
equipment is HalleysComet using with the transporter. I use my
transporter with an integrated tube linestage and the sound is sooo
musical, even without the tube linestage the transporter was never
digitally bright or edgy, it was always very lively and warm tonality.
So yes, this modded stuff just doesnt make sense to me, im sure you can
do much better by buying a pair of good balanced interconnects.

--
GuyDebord

Reference3A RoyalMaster monitors biwired with van den Hul Inspiration,
REL Strata5. AMPS: Pathos Classic One MKIII's in mono config. ANALOGUE:
Clearaudio Ambient CMB, Satisfy Carbon & Lyra Helikon SL, ASR MiniBasis
SQ preamp, link: WireWorld SilverEclipse 5.2. DIGITAL: SlimDevices
Transporter, link: AcousticZen Silver Reference2 XLR’s. POWER: Isotek
MiniSub GII, Isotek Elite cables (MiniSub, Rel), Siltech SPX30 MKII
(Transporter), van den Hul Mainstream (Pathos) & van den Hul Mainserver
(ASR).