miklorsmith;269485 Wrote:
> A parametric EQ feature is a no-brainer addition to the software.  It
> allows fixing and customization in-room that nearly every system in the
> universe could use.
>
> It could be turned off and presets would be possible.  Wanna turn down
> the treble and boost the bass for those old Zep albums?  No problem.
> Jazz and classical might want a lighter touch, preset #2.  Pull the
> most out of a well-recorded vocalist's stuff?  You get the idea.
>
> The Squeezebox/Transporter has the potential to be the first and
> absolute best option for doing frequency corrections like this.  Inguz
> has a nice EQ, but it could be expanded and really should be a core
> feature of the software.

+10 for this. I still can't believe it's not there to begin with. I
mean, every piece of software out there has it (mp3, foobar, iTunes
??). Inguz is nice, but requires too much juice from server and
provides more than most people need.

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAj2aPdQnk or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMNuuFSvN0