rajacat;284051 Wrote:
> Yes, but  ted b had his TP modded and he has had listening time with a
> stock unit. From his posts he seems to be a well seasoned audiophile
> with a realistic attitude towards sound quality so I respect his
> opinion more than yours because he has had time with a stock and modded
> TP. To claim that the stock unit can't be improved in any way is a
> little too idealistic IMO. I think that most stock audio gear can be
> changed, for better or worse, just like a stock car can be modified for
> better performance. Perhaps you should open your mind and not be so
> dogmatic.
>
> -Roy
>
> -Roy

You respect ted B's opinion more than mine? I shall smite you from here
to the ends of the earth!  :-)

I agree with you re ted.
The problem is that I don't think he did a direct comparo between the
two.

Aural memory is very fleeting and unless you can do a realtime comparo
the results are suspect. I include myself in that as well. I don't
think ted did a direct comparo but I hope he will correct me if I am
wrong.

Regardless, "better" is a subjective evaluation and , as such, I don't
concern myself with other's  subjective valuations. They are ultimately
irrelevant. One needs to please one's ears only in the final analysis.

--
tomjtx