tricka;285116 Wrote:
> Hmmmm
> doesn't it matter more about synergy in components and personal
> listening tastes? I've found that you really can't say something is
> "better or not", just that it suits your system as you like to hear it.
>
> I'm fascinated at the emotion this stirs up! Personally I thought the
> original post wasn't that "ra ra" - I read it and took it for what it
> is: a personal perspective.
> I have different amp's for different music - my favourite 6CLC Spud amp
> for colour eg female vocals, jazz - and a Bryston 100 SST for large
> scale orchestral. The Transporter (stock) sounds to my middle aged ears
> just fine with both - different but fine.
> Less is more eh??

Hmmmmmmm......
I would be a bit worried if some equipment worked with some music and
some equipment worked with other kinds of music.....
Guess I'm a bit in the same situation myself... I've got a pair of
Duntech PCL-15's (made in Australia of course) that's about the best
speakers I have heard at any price when it comes to presenting small
scale music with female vocals... Listen to the closest thing to crazy
with Katie Melua and you will possibly have tears in your eyes... Try
heavy rock and everything falls apart....
I guess we should try to aim for rig's that work with all kinds of
music with all our equipment.

...or should we? I wouldn't really mind switching speakers every now
and then, perhaps if I used an active crossover with my Duntech's they
would work heaps better because the issue with them is that they don't
tolerate deep bass at high power levels...

If we can dig into what's the issue with our equipment and find an
affordable way to resolve... That's a significant step ahead....

b.t.w. I love your opera house :-D

--
haraldo

Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop / SC7 -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell
KAV400xi -> Meadowlark Kestrel2 / Duntech PCL-15
Everything is difficult before it's easy