I installed FW42 saturday (with SC7.1). Since then I listened to a lot
of music and saw two films with my son (via digital RCA input). My
experiences so far:

1. Switching from digital to network and back is flawless (no noise).
2. 24/88.2 files are played without problems.
3. On my sysem the degaussing rattle did not occur once. (With FW40 and
SC 7.0.1 I experienced long periods - up to half an hour - of degaussing
rattle about every 10 to 15 seconds!).

So here everything works perfectly. As to the degaussing rattle
problem: I don't know why it is gone (but I'm certainly glad it has).
Like I said in an earlier post, the rattling was already almost
completely gone with FW40 and SC7.1.

Teus

--
Teus de Jong