Whew, FW 42 saved me.  I was running 7.00 on both my Windows and
ReadyNAS servers.  I tried updating to 7.1 build 19530 on the ReadyNAS
which installed FW 40.  After figuring out to use CleanSlimServer to
get all working again, I went back to my Windows PC server which
installed FW36, and I couldn't get any sound out of my
transporter--while my ReadyNAS with build 40 worked.

Then I downloaded the 5/12 nightly build 7.1--19634 onto Windows--this
installed FW42.  As far as I can tell everything is working.  Then I
downloaded the same build onto my ReadyNAS and I can switch between
servers without having to reload firmware. YAAAAH.

One benefit of 7.1/42 compared to the FW37 running with 7.0 and 6.54 is
that I now am getting no delay between tracks.  This is great for
playing CDs where music runs between the tracks.

--
mikel51