darrenyeats;302031 Wrote:
> At least wine lovers see the sense in blind wine tasting. I've seen
> several blind wine tastings on television and no-one objected to them
> as "too stressful" or "not meaningful". Also, I have read published
> wine reviews by experts which were conducted blind. The general public
> seems capable of understanding the common sense benefits of this. The
> audiophile community in general doesn't seem to share a similar kind of
> attitude.
> Darren

well, blind tasting refers to you not being able to see the bottle
label itself, not to getting blind-folded. the eyes provide relevant
information in either case.

but i know what you mean, knowing what you're listening to totally
devalues the result because it does introduce a lot of psychoacoustics.
i think psycho-acoustics are valid in many ways (pride of ownership etc)
but people should be honest about what provides them enjoyment and not
boil it all down to being able to *hear* a difference. in that i agree.

--
pablolie