He he he... I'm really pleased now.  Yup, I love my SlimDevices and the
awesome quality they produce.  But sometimes I'm bound to my laptop and
headphones.

Using the same setup as described in my first post, but now pointing
TwistedFLAC to the shared folder containing my FLACs on my primary Mac,
I can listed to all of my FLACs on my laptop (as WAVs in iTunes).  All
without taking any real drive space from my laptops tiny hard drive.

I also discovered that if you create a folder in iTunes by dragging the
TwistedFLAC virtual image to the side bar you can reconnect to it
WITHOUT adding the files a second time.  Be aware - you need to change
iTunes setting to Not Copy and Not Keep Organized.
Now when you dismount the virtual folder you can remount it later and
all of your FLAC (now WAVs) will be retained in the iTunes folder.

Pretty damn cool.

Sorry - from what I've tried you cannot use iTunes to modify the files.

--
kphinney

SB3 (x2) and Transporter
Rotel RCD-1070