Hello,

Here is a small clarification about the way TwistedFLAC works with
metadata.

First, I'll precise that TwistedFLAC works in both ways. The FLAC files
are visible as WAV files, but if you drop a bunch of WAV files to the
TwistedFLAC folder, they are automatically converted to FLAC files.
These WAV files can contain metadata, and it is very important that it
is not lost. FLAC files also have support for metadata, but the WAV
files can contain BWAV metadata, or anything else that cannot always be
converted to the native FLAC metadata. Fortunately, since version 1.2.1,
the flac encoder adds the ability to keep the foreign metadata. That
means that any kind of metadata contained in the WAV file will be kept
in a special chunk in the FLAC file, and the WAV file can be restored
from the FLAC file.

When converting the FLAC files to WAV, TwistedFLAC checks if the FLAC
file contains any foreign metadata, and restores them in the WAV file,
if any. The native FLAC metadata are not transcoded, however. I
understand this is something most of you would be interested in, and I
plan to make this work for a future version.

kphinney, I guess if your files show up with the metadata, they must
have been encoded to FLAC with the option to keep the foreign metadata.
Could you send me one of these FLAC files, so that I can have a look,
and see what is the format of the metadata in the WAV version of the
file ? This will help me implement the transcoding of native metadata.
Thanks.

Regards,
Thomas

--