sc53;308849 Wrote:
> When I sold my D-60 I also sold the velvet case with it so no more
> stroking for me either. I couldn't tell the difference between it and
> any of my other cables UNTIL I installed this D-75 I wrote about. I
> have examined that cable and there is no wear or tear or anything
> visible to the naked eye. The cable is basically new and has been in my
> cable box for a couple of years. But I guess something could be wrong
> that I can't see. I'm just glad my system sounds excellent again. I
> guess I still have some hearing left since the change was so grossly
> obvious, and unacceptable! My house mate could tell nothing. Sounded
> fine to her. Silly.

With a 75 ohm A/V cable there could be a number of things wrong with
it. Defective pin or pushed in pin for starters. The shield or
conductor could be intermittent. The shield could be bad. The shield
could be broken at the RCA from improper assembly or excessive
twisting. Flux could have been left on the connections and it has now
corroded the connection. The cable could have been crushed hard enough
to break the center conductor and the signal has to jump a gap inside
the cable. Are the male RCAs crimped, soldered, or threaded? If they
are threaded, take the cable apart and check the connections.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5