killie99;311528 Wrote:
> I truly believe I have now seen everything. This has to be the snake oil
> of all snake oils ......
>
> http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/akdl1/akdl1.htm

I have not handled this cable and the pictures are not very detailed,
but from the pictures it does appear that the shield cable is doing
anything because the RJ45 does not have a metal incased head. Hence the
shield is not grounded and is therefore useless.

And for that much money, one would think that the RJ45 would have both
an accidental release protector and an anti-snag protector. Denon
really took the cheap route!

One last point, IT'S DIGITAL, the cable can have no influence over any
of the audio whatsoever! Because there is no audio, itÂ’s all ones and
zeros! Are they claiming that their Zeros and Ones are bigger and
fuller with this cable. Oh I get it, with this cable there are less
packet collisions so the music sounds better. Yeah, right!

What a load of crap! I can only hope nobody is foolish enough to ever
buy one. Then again, I think I will wait until none of them sell and
get one for $9.95 in the blow-out cable bin at Best Buy. The cable
would "look" pretty between my Linksys Router and Transporter since my
router is blue.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5