Themis;314643 Wrote:
> I owe a Cambridge player (640C) and i find that :
> - its transport is pretty good, as good as my SB3. It replaces my SB
> whenever i service the network/computers and it drives well enough my
> dac. In my case, whatever differences may exist between the two of
> them, they mainly come from he digital cable, not the players.
> - i prefer my external dac, but the 640 is good enough for a few days
> (in case my dac fails).

I dumped my Meridian 598 player and never looked back.

I do have a Sony Play Station 3 that can play CD's.

Find something that can serve another purpose. A computer with SPDIF
out also works.

The only time I ever need one is if a guest comes over with CD's.

--
mswlogo

Thinkpad XP SS > Cat5 > Transporter > SPDIF-COAX > Meridian G68ADV
(Trifield, Room corrected, Upsampled) > DSP6000 Mains, DSP5500HC
Center, DSP33 Rears