I've read some online articles about this question and also a few
threads in this forum. But, I couldn't get the point. :(  I would
appreciate it if anybody could give me an answer easy to understand.

Let's assume some possible options.

-----------------
1. (a) a decent CD drive of PC - ripping ---> (b) digital data in HDD
---> SB3 or TP digital output (Let's think of only digital output
here.) ---> DAC

2. (a), (b) same
---> MAC mini digital output ---> DAC

3. $100 CD player digital output ---> DAC

4. $3,000 CD transpoter ---> DAC

-----------------

Here are my questions.

1. Is the $3K or $30K CD transporter better than $20 CD drive in
pulling out the digital data from a CD? Is there any $1K CD drive for
Hi-Fi ripping? (I mean $1K for the CD drive itself not for the
automated machine.)

2. Is the loss of data in streaming or storing really significant?
Yeah... I see some digital cables priced at over $1000. If so, the
shorter paths like the option 2 and 3 are supposed to be better than
the option 1. Is it true?

3. What makes the $3K transpoter worth other than the minimized loss
(if so) in its circutry?

I know my question might sound a little silly and the answer to my
question could be "If you have $10million, just buy the $30K
transporter and $2K IC cable to get 1/100000 inch closer to the perfect
world."  But... I'm curious. :)

--
smarco