michel;326198 Wrote:
> To my ears rips at 4x with a Plextor Premium (and to a certain extent
> Premium2) sound better than anything else.
> Be aware that rips with EAC are a lot inferior than those with Easy
> CD-DA (Easy CDDA set to C2 recognition ONLY).
>
> I did lots os ABx testing. With a Transponder you will hear the
> differences most certainly.

Transponder?

EAC rips can be checked for accuracy.  On undamaged CDs, using very
cheap computer CD drives, I almost always get 100% bit perfect rips.  I
can verify this by comparing the files to an online database, or I could
make two copies and use a bit-compare utility.

Once the bit-perfect file is on the computer's hard drive there cannot
be any memory of the CD drive that ripped it - the only thing that
matters is the sequence of bits.  So if you really heard differences,
you either made bad rips with EAC (which means you didn't use accurip
to verify them) or you are fooling yourself.

--
opaqueice