DRSonusFaber;331041 Wrote:
> I'm really torn and was hoping to get some advice.
> I'm new to the whole Slim scene, and I can't decide if I shoud start
> with the Duet, and work my way up to a great DAC, or if I should just
> get the transporter.
>
> The reviews seems to say that the Transporter has a great DAC - but can
> I do better for the money?  Also, as someone new to Slim, am I making a
> mistake jumping stright to the Transporter?  I can always use the Duet
> in a secondary room.
>
> I have Sonus faber Cremona Speakers, running through a Rotel RSP 1069
> sound processor, and Rotel RMB-1085 amp.  All of my music is Apple
> Lossless.
>
> My goal is to have my digital music sound as good if not better than a
> fairly decent audiophile cd player (I know that's ambiguous).  But I
> guess I want the end result to sound better than the same money put
> into a new CD player.  I've read that the transporter does that, and
> then some.  But can you do the same thing with the Duet, just at a
> slightly lower price point?
>
> Does anyone know if my sound processor is good enough to work well with
> the Duet?  If not, does anyone have a great DAC suggestion, that would
> pair nicely with what I already have?
>
> Finally - is there a plug in that allows you to use iTunes to manage
> and play your music through the Duet?

Ok, I usually will tell people to try the lower system first and I
think you are no exception.  Why not? It will only cost you a little
money for shipping.  If you like it, then you will save a lot.  If not
then you will know for sure. The 30 day trial is great for people like
you.  Give it a shot then you will never wonder.  In my case I didn't
believe that my system was quite up to the level of the Transporter.  I
would like to hear it but I could not afford anyway.  This being said I
really really like my SB3's sound and function. It has been the best
investment I've bought in years and I do tell everyone that.  I think
you will be happy whatever way you go but this way you will know for
sure.  I'm sorry if I've repeated a lot as I am just responding to your
first post without reading all the ones that follows but I think that is
what you probably want.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality