DRSonusFaber;331199 Wrote:
> Wow - this is great.  Thanks!
> I totally agree with nonreality - I think this is going to be
> addictive, so i'm leaning towards just starting with the Duet.
>
> But before I do, I did want to follow up with a few of Iphone's
> comments.  The first question i have is, how do you avoid iTunes and
> use an iPod/iPhone?  That's really the only reason I made the jump to
> Apple Lossless.  I believe in buying CD's, and ripping for convenience
> only, so i'm not sure that DRM would come into the equation would it?
>
> I know that the iPod isn't the best, without modifications, but it is
> easy for flights.  That said, I completely agree with you on how it
> files music.  Actually it pisses me off - but I do like the idea of the
> ipod, so it keeps me in itunes.
>
> I'm sorry but what is a 24/96 file?  You mentioned that Apple lossless
> doesn't use it - but it sounds like it's better quality, even though
> people say lossless is just that.  Can you give me more info?
>
> Thanks to everyone who commented on my Rotel and it's DAC.  That's good
> to know.

Sorry, just wanted to let you know one more thing. The new mediamonkey
works great with ipod's including the Iphone. You will still need
Itunes for firmware upgrades but that would be it.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality