DCtoDaylight;332578 Wrote:
> So what we really need then is a way to quantify the jitter type, rather
> than the overly simplistic RMS Jitter value usually quoted in spec
> sheets.  Another case of the graphical representation giving you a lot
> more information than a simple number.  As long as you understand how
> to interpret the graph of course!

Occasionally you'll see plots of jitter spectra, but yeah, it's not
very common.  And actually the most common measurement I've seen is
peak-peak rather than RMS.  As far as I can see peak-peak is a very bad
measure - it's not well-defined mathematically (it has no limit for
large amounts of data) and it's non-robust (i.e. very sensitive to
minor data anomalies).

--
opaqueice