opaqueice;336609 Wrote:
> Inguz is a plugin that convolves a correction filter with music.  How
> you generate that filter is up to you.
This is a real benefit and not just academic - because people DO choose
to use Inguz in different ways.

Also from a technical perspective:
- does MultiEQ support Linux and Mac operating systems? (Inguz does)
- does MultiEQ ever add an additional S/PDIF interface into a system?
(Inguz doesn't)

As for EQ filters, the latest Inguz EQ plugin works very well indeed.
It is infinitely configurable and in terms of effectiveness I am sure
you could correct down to a very fine level with it. But anyway, I
don't have a desire to drastically correct FR from one Hz to the next
(see my earlier post re: comb filtering and warble tones for why). For
me the biggest benefit of multiple mic measurements is avoiding the
comb filter 'noise' (rather than creating a larger sweet spot) which is
why I feel warble tones are the way forward for plain EQ.

I know this is nothing to do with a technical perspective...but Inguz
is free too. That could mean budget to spend on material improvements
elsewhere.

I'm not dissing MultiEQ just explaining why "Inguz fan boys" defend it
with such vigour. :)
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system