Themis;339380 Wrote:
> As you know all electronics are "deviations" from the original signal.
> Even straight wire. It's just a matter of how much this deviation
> influences the listening experience.
> I'm sorry to say, but there's nothing that assures us that the KORA
> "deviation" (in my example) is more influencing than the NAD one. :)
>
> How about if the Kora makes the speakers produce less distortion when
> delivering their signal on an average load ? How about if the Kora
> makes the speakers have a better timing ? Just two examples.

I basically agree - that's why I said "based on the available data" !

One problem here is that there is no "original signal" to compare
with.
Whatever the mastering engineer heard cannot translate exactly to what
ends up on the final media, based on your premise (which I agree with).
The mastering chain (amps, speakers cables) will be changing the sound
so that what is heard is coloured already. So the final mix is based on
that coloured perspective...but the bits captured don't exactly reflect
that coloured perspective.

So there are immediate deviations before the signal goes to the
pressing plant.

Tricky stuff this hi-fi isn't it?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)