Phil Leigh;342501 Wrote:
> Are you sure that your audio/file settings for the SB3 are correct?
>
> That would explain it.
>
> Another less likely explanation could be the way the rips are done - if
> there is an issue here it could be masked by the mp3 transcode.
>
> Or the SB3 could be faulty.
>
> You need to see if your experience is repeatable with anothr SB3.
> Several people here have Slimps... (I don't, hence my comment on the
> SB1 which I do have) However you are also implying that you would
> prefer the Slimp3 sound to that of an SB1. Have you done that
> comparison?

Yes, I did check that the server does not transcode files for the SB3.
Come to think of it, I'm sorry but these asumptions would not make
sense anyways. If any of the above were the case, on what grounds could
it explain that my Slimp3 sound better than my SB3 (appart from the fact
that my unit could be faulty)?
I know this is the audiophile forum but couldnt we be a bit more
logical? Why doesnt anyone else just listen to the two and give us his
opinion?
(BTW I dont have an SB1, therefore I will not comment on it)

--
jimi00