ar-t wrote:
> Big difference between "works" and "works really good!"

This is a key concept, altho it has to be adjusted. For once it works
"good enough" to be inaudible, there is no point in caring how close to
the theoretical maximum number of angels that can dance on the head of
the fiber.

There is a fundamental break in the thinking about engineering audio
gear. We really don't know what makes something sound good. There are a
few measurements that clearly correlate with bad sound.

I believe that the engineers don't have the tools to measure what counts.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/