pablolie;355980 Wrote:
> as stated often before, the A5s represent one of the most unique
> audiophile level price-value propositions out there. the sound quality
> is beyond amazing for a $400 speaker. there are some others out there
> that are potentially just as great, but they all seem to cost a bit
> more. the nht M00 wiyth the matching NYT subqoofer also sound very
> sweep, but the combo runs over $600 and i find it decidedly less
> musical.
>
> and i am not sure what happened to acoustic energey, they had a set
> called the Aego M that was also mindblwoing at the price, i have it at
> work. but people who tried buying it these days tell me it's become
> impossible to find.

Since we are in a Logitech forum, I'd also like to put a good word in
for the
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/231&cl=us,en

Audiopjile they aren't, but they are very musical PC speakers that
sound amazing for their below $200 price tag, and provide very clear
sound if one sets the subwoo up right. Logitech is doing very
disruptive things.

I for one predict that in less than 10 years we will get better sound
quality out of DSP controlled power 2.1 systems than we have from our
beloved traditional stereo setups, at a fraction of the price. I look
at it with a tear in one eye, and great expectations on the other side.
It is an exciting time to love music and its delivery through a balanced
audio system.

--
pablolie