pablolie;356145 Wrote:

> I do have an audiophile main system. I can still totally enjoy
> lsitening to usic on the A5s - they undoubteldy do deliver true
> audiophile qualities. They do provide good staguing and depth, and very
> good clarity and transparency.
>
> I truly think you are merely allowing their price tag to prevent you
> from lsitening to them with an open mind. You can obviously not expect
> to listen to the same quality levels you'd get out of a $7,000-plus and
> well matched system

It's not about the A5's being cheap.  The point is that it is a piece
of cake to find much better stuff at the same price. You might have to
go with used stuff, but if sound-quality is the target, then that will
be the best solution.

It took me 5 min. to find the following. A pair of Dali 450 (which are
excelent, I have owned a pair), here listed at ~86USD

http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=57302491

Pair it with e.g. this NAD 317 here availble at ~170USD and it WILL
most certainly beat the crap out of the A5's.

http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=57076692

This is orders of magnitutes better than the A5's, there is no
discussing that.

--
bhaagensen