NewBuyer;356218 Wrote:
> I thought the Dynaudio BM5A / BM6A MKII's sounded *great*, but they have
> no volume control.
>
> Ithe end I couldn't live with the hiss they made when powered on (and
> which unfortunately is audible in the near/mid-field when no music is
> playing)...

Interesting.  I was going to connect them to my Transporter/Headphone
amp combination.  My headphone amp has a balanced preamp out connector,
so I could control the volume of the powered speakers (rather than using
the Transporter's digital volume control).  I have not heard them, but I
will keep a critical ear out for the hissing -- that would be a
deal-breaker!

Thanks for your comment.

--
muski

Transporter via XLR->Bryston BP26DA->Bryston 4B SST->Wilson Watt Puppy
7s
Transporter via XLR->Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp->Balanced
AKG701s