mswlogo;365149 Wrote:
> The PS3 is converting DSD to PCM. The PS3 will convert to LPCM over
> HDMI. If anyone can do a reasonable job I expect these guys can. The
> Clux11SA is normally a HDMI to Analog breakout box that was modified to
> output the raw PCM. The PS3 can output even higher data rates but the
> Clux can't handle it.

Gotcha. I am not very familiar with the mechanics of DSD to PCM
conversion, but I;m sure this can't be considered a lossless
conversion. That's not to say it's degraded much, just that it's not
the same information - it couldn't be converted back. Effectively
you're resampling from 1 bit * 2.1MHZ down to 24 bit * 88.2KHz. It's
the same number of bits, but not equivalent content. If only there were
an easy way to rip the DSD stream...

--
seanadams