brianz;364775 Wrote:
> Themis, I currently have an HDMI connection from my Denon player to my
> Yamaha receiver - so I guess I'm already using the Yamaha's DAC, right?
> If so, then given that I think CDs sound fantastic now, I suppose that
> would suggest that the Duet would be on par with my current CD sound...
> right?
You should get a Duet or Classic.  Given that you are using the
Yamaha's DAC, the sound from the Duet digital outputs via your Yamaha
should be identical that of your current setup.  Plugging a Transporter
in the same way would also be identical (and heresy to many here I would
guess!).

Once you get the Duet/Classic, you could try comparing the Duet analog
outs to the digital outs via your Yamaha to see which you like better.
I don't know your receiver well, but I'd bet the DAC is similar quality
to the one in the Duet, so this could go either way.

--
lanierb