mswlogo;366988 Wrote:
> Sure you are entitled to your opinion/observation. But if the generally
> well informed public believes itÂ’s nonsense it will be challenged. Not
> out of disrespect. If it's not (i.e. folks just ignore it) then not so
> well informed people will read it and believe it (seeing it not be
> challenged). And do some really unnecessary silly things which can
> actually compromise overall ease of use, expense, enjoyment etc. Like
> managing a library of wavs instead of flacs which is insane (IMHO).
>
> And most people that truly want to get the most out of their system
> should be open minded to being challenged and consider it constructive
> information.
>
> I certainly would even though it's sometimes difficult to swallow.

I mean even *IF* there is a difference, I'll bet moving a single
speaker by a millimeter will make a 10x as large difference. This is we
go nuts about stupid stuff when we completely don't bother fixing the
things that make a huge difference in our systems. Sometimes its all
about a peace of mind in audiophilia and people will pay $1000s to have
that feeling. We are killing the enjoyment of music (the purported
reason for all of this in the first place) with all this obsessiveness
over little things.

Yet if someone prefers a certain much harder way of doing things in the
name of sound, then let them be. I just hope that some new person
understands what is really on. These audiophile forums can ruin the
frame of mind of a newbie in this hobby. It's all about the music and
that message should always be at the forefront.

--
sxr71