pfarrell;372228 Wrote:
> ar-t wrote:
> > OK, call it the methodology. Try sitting through an ABX DBT for 4
> > hours, then come back and tell me how enjoyable it was.
>
> Complete red herring. Of course a four hour session would not be
> enjoyable. So ask why the test designer did something that evil.
>
> Perhaps because they could not get a large enough sample of people
> willing to do it for 15 minutes or some other time.
>
> If you had enough volunteers, you should be able to use a three way
> test
> of only a few seconds each.

Should, could, would, etc. The guys who run these things usually do one
of two methods:

Get a small group, and test them to death. Or, put a whole mess of
people in in giant room, and expect everyone to hear the same thing.
Gotta get the sample levels up!

But, if all that you can do is argue DBT this and DBT that, then I am
not wasting my time trying to 'splain to you what level is audible. You
seem to have your mind made up that it isn't at any level. So, end of
discussion.

Pat

--
ar-t