Well, I read 'em both. Yeah, not much mention of that, but I can
conclude (with a high degree of certainty) that both refer to *word
clock*. IOW, 44.1 kHz. If you look closely at the first paper, they
point out that everyone could hear 2 uSec of jitter. You simply can not
make a 256 Fs clock that bad.

The second paper had a curious section:

> “the jitter of the cycle out pulse generated by a link chip is around
> 1ns when
> the observed node is not a cycle master.”
> This statement is difficult to understand without concluding that what
> is being
> measured is not the sort of jitter that is being discussed in this
> paper.

I know how they feel..........!

Pat

--