Michael Amster;373275 Wrote:
> Pat:
>
> Out of curiosity, what was your company called at that time.  It all
> sounds very familiar.  I have only been to a couple of big shows - one
>
> CES/High End about 10 years ago and the Stereophile show when it came
> Los Angeles.

It was always called Analog Research. (Not Analogue Research, much to
the chagrin of one of our principles, which has evolved into a 20+ year
private joke.) I had been toying around with a script "art" logo for a
number of years. None of us ever could think of how to stick a "t" on
the end.

A few years back, when we decided for some obscure reason to start
building stuff again, I thought that it would be a good time to switch
to a script logo, as opposed to the block style we originally used. All
it took was for our industrial design guru to come up with one. (We all
picked the same one, and it was the first one he thought up.) Only
remained for us to decide on what the "t" was for.

Out of lack of anything else, we stuck Technology on the end. Nothing
creative or clever about it. It was really all anyone of us could think
of that day.

As I recall, part of that, and the hyphen, came about when we
researched available domain names. Someone using our real name was
making cables and had that name registered with ICANN.

Pat

--
ar-t

http://www.analogresearch-technology.net