I mentioned this elsewhere before, but I recently upgraded from
SB2/Lavry to transporter, and the improvement is stunning in my system.
The Transporter has gobs more detail and yet sounding silky smooth.
The SB2/DAC combination does not even come close IMO.

I hesitated for a long time, changing from Benchmark DAC to Lavry,
because many in this forum opines that SB3/Benchmark sounds just as
good as a Transporter.

Well in my Naim system it does not.  I never believed in night and day
differences especially in similar grade digital front ends.  Now I
witness it first hand.

I have also described my experience in the Naim forum, who has been
raving about the Lavry like it is manna from heaven, comparing it to a
$5K+ CDX2 or evan a CD555, with nary a mention of Transporter.

http://forums.naim-audio.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=67019385&f=8772903417&m=7042993617&r=6092926717#6092926717

Thanks SlimD, you deserve a much better review than the recent BS from
certain negative review from down under.

--
agentsmith

System 1: Transporter and a mostly Naim system
System 2: SB2 connected digitally to a Meridian F80