bhr1439;377315 Wrote:
> .
>
> So, no smoking gun yet that confirms or refute my impression, but at
> least there's a plausible (to me) hypothesis on what's going on.
>
> --Steve

Your hypothesis is that Path A suffers from incorrect and varying data,
where Path B does not, and that this causes the perceived difference.
You do not consider jitter to be the issue.

Phils hypothesis is that Path A suffers from more jitter than Path B,
and that this causes the perceived difference. Phil does not consider
differences in the digital data to be the issue.

These two hypotheses are different, and testable, yours quite easily as
opaqueice suggests.

So why speculate further? You can do that forever and get nowhere. Just
do the obvious experiment and compare the data streams from the two
front-ends.

--
JezA