Ok so the room is a 14ft square, with a 8 ft ceiling.. My advise is get
the speakers further apart try around 7ft ideally you should be sitting
at the point of an equal triangle. try no rake and minimal toe in. I
think the problem is the plaster walls. The are much brighter sounding
than drywall. I'd also recommend at least 3ft off the back wall,and try
no rake to start. I think you're getting bounce from the back and the
ceiling. Also how many actual hours are on the speakers??  I've found
that Sonus take a long time to break in 300-400 hours I don't know why
but I think it's just the way ScanSpeak tweeters are ( I'm pretty sure
SF still uses ScanSpeak drivers) Last here are some excellent room
setup guides one from Cardas and one from Audiophysic

http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=insights&content_id=26&pagestring=Room+Setup

http://www.audiophysic.de/aufstellung/index_e.html

--
ErikM